Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Baños Morales - Pictures part2

In the last post I mentioned how green the slopes were on the way to the second glacier.
We walked up a very dry slope to reach a ridge populated by lizards and short shrubs. After walking for another hour we reached a lush high valley.
I turned to Maho "Rohan!"
She didn´t get the reference, but my Viggo impression was flawless.

She then went on to find a freezing cold bog all by herself. She´s grimacing in this shot because melt water has just flowed into her shoes. Continuing with the whole Rohan feel there actually were horses pasturing here.


See? More vegetation.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vegetation. Yay.

harry said...

I travelled half way round the world in two different directions to look at vegetation, I´ll have you know.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know: some get their kicks from champagne, some from vegetation. Both equally valid choices, I'm sure.